top of page
  • Writer's pictureHelp-U-File

What happens if a Set Aside for a Default Divorce Judgment is granted after I already remarried?


Lets say you have been separated for years and cannot come to an agreement to file for divorce. Finally you file for various reasons, but you have moved on and are granted a default judgment because they did respond. What would happen if you choose to remarry if they file for a motion to set aside.


Your default judgment made you single. If your ex has a problem with the judgment, she could ask to set it aside, but that only comes in property issues. If for example you got all of the marital property and she didn't think that was fair, she could ask the court to divide it fairly. The court will not reinstate the marriage, so you will be single anyway meaning your new marriage is not affected!

240 views1 comment
bottom of page