top of page
  • Writer's pictureHelp-U-File

Can an absent parent get Support lowered if they have a change in income?


If a Parent who is not involved in their child's life and they quit their job, is that sufficient to change child support? Let’s say that they want to go back to school or get their life together among other things.


Quitting voluntary may or may not result in a change in support orders. As usual the circumstances determine if there is a reason to change the support. Most of the time the courts will not change support orders without good cause. What will happen is that they will wind up with a lot of back support to pay when they resume that level of pay. Good cause is the key to whether or not support orders change and the other party must show this.

34 views0 comments
bottom of page