Home / Our Services / Child Custody & Visitation

Child Custody & Visitation

Child Custody & Visitation

Decisions about child custody and visitation are difficult enough without dealing with the court system. At Help-U-File Family Law  in Sacramento, we will help you with the legal documents and court process so you can concentrate on the big picture: doing what is right for your children.

Help-U-File is a first-of-its-kind family law facility that helps you craft your own child custody and support agreement — at about a third or less of the cost of hiring a lawyer to represent you. By taking the lawyer out of the process, we can also reduce a significant amount of the conflict.

An attorney is an advocate who tends to look at one side of a case and push that side’s interests. The adversarial approach can be harmful in a child custody and visitation case, where the child’s best interests should be paramount.
More Than a Legal Document Preparation Service

In any divorce involving children, your legal papers need to include provisions for health insurance and child support. You also need to register with the California child support registry. Our trained professionals will prepare all of the required legal forms — and more.

When you come to Help-U-File, our trained professionals will interview you to find out where you are in the child custody process. In California, disputed child custody cases usually must go through mediation before a judge or commissioner will hear the child custody case. We can help you prepare for mediation by assembling paperwork that will help the mediator see a full and accurate picture.

Family Law Attorney We can also advise you on tactics to use in negotiating a child custody and visitation agreement. Some approaches are more successful than others. For example, if you are highly critical of your spouse, the court will not view you favorably. Firm founder Vincent D. Ward is a family law attorney with more than 29 years of experience advising people who are going through divorce.


Help-U-File can also help you file the papers necessary to modify child custody and visitation after your divorce.

For more information: Call Help-U-File at 916-454-4900 or simply drop in at our office. We are conveniently located across the street from the Ridgeway Law Center in Sacramento. We are open the same hours as the courthouse and offer free parking.

3600 Power Inn Road, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone: 916-454-4900
Fax: 916-454-4777