Help-U-File Family Law Services
Help-U-File reduces or eliminates much of the hassle and difficulties of working through the family court system. We provide legal advice, legal document preparation and filing assistance for the following:
Help-U-File Family Law uses experienced, trained, state bar certified professionals to assess all of the issues that may be a part of your divorce, including:
* Child custody and visitation
* Child support
* Spousal support
* Division of marital property
We can advise you on specific property issues, such as:
* Determining which property is separate property and does not need to be divided with your spouse
* Determining credits and debits that may exist when one party makes a separate-property contribution to a community-property asset
* Making a full and accurate disclosure of assets to your spouse
* Advising you how to value property
California courts may offer two types of spousal support or alimony:
* Temporary spousal support, which is paid before the divorce judgment. Temporary alimony is based on the income of both parties (which must be accurately disclosed) and is calculated using a computer.
* Permanent spousal support, which is paid after the divorce is final. Permanent alimony is based on 14 factors that the court will consider, such as length of marriage, the difference in income between the parties, and whether one party stayed home to care for children.
We offer advice, assistance and document preparation services.
In California, child support payments are based on four numbers:
* The number of children you have (including children you support from a prior marriage)
* Your income
* The other parent’s income
* The percentage of time your child lives with you.
Decisions about child custody and visitation are difficult enough without dealing with the court system. At Help-U-File Family Law in Sacramento, we will help you with the legal documents and court process so you can concentrate on the big picture: doing what is right for your children.
At Help-U-File Family Law in Sacramento, we will help you with the legal process and documents of a paternity case at about a third or less of the cost of hiring an attorney to represent you. We will:
* Arrange for DNA testing that will be accepted by the court
* Determine how much child support you are obligated to pay or entitled to receive
* Prepare a child custody and visitation agreement that will help the unmarried father remain a part of his child’s life
In California, the dissolution of a domestic partnership is similar to a divorce. Same-sex partners who have registered as domestic partners must resolve the same community property division, child custody and support, and spousal support issues as married couples who divorce.
California is a Community Property State. This means that all property and assets acquired during the marriage, except for gifts and inheritances, must be divided with your spouse. By taking the attorneys out of the process, we can help ensure that there is more property for you and your spouse to divide. Fighting over assets simply wastes assets.