Community Property Division
Community property division in divorce, while complex, does not have to be an expensive or contentious process. At Help-U-File Family Law in Sacramento, we will help you with the legal process and documents so you can concentrate on negotiating an equitable settlement with your spouse.
Help-U-File is a first-of-its-kind family law facility that helps you negotiate your own community property settlement based on California law — at about a third or less of the cost of the traditional adversarial court process where each side is represented by a lawyer.
California Is a Community Property State
This means that all property and assets acquired during the marriage, except for gifts and inheritances, must be divided with your spouse. By taking the attorneys out of the process, we can help ensure that there is more property for you and your spouse to divide. Fighting over assets simply wastes assets.
Help-U-File Family Law uses experienced, state bar certified professionals to help you determine how California law applies in your case. We can also advise you on specific property issues, such as:
* Dividing pension plans and 401(k) plans. We will draft Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) to ensure these assets are properly distributed at retirement.
* Determining which property is separate property and does not need to be divided with your spouse
* Determining credits and debits that may exist when one party makes a separate-property contribution to a community-property asset
* Making a full and accurate disclosure of assets to your spouse
* Advising you how to value property
Family Law AttorneyOur trained and professional staff will do all of the things that are necessary to help you reach a settlement that will stand up in court and serve your interests. All of our legal documents are reviewed by attorney Vincent D. Ward, a family law attorney with 29 years of legal experience.
Lawyer Available if Necessary
If you are unable to negotiate a satisfactory community property division settlement with your spouse, we can also offer seamless representation from an experienced lawyer.
For more information: Call Help-U-File at 916-454-4900 or simply drop in at our office. We are conveniently located across the street from the Ridgeway Law Center in Sacramento. We are open the same hours as the courthouse and offer free parking.
3600 Power Inn Road, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95826